After seeing the Hoodlum Pastors short list of things that make a pastor want to cuss, I thought I would make a list of my own that truly makes me want to spit!
10 Things that make a lay person want to spit!
01. Preachers who insist on exalting themselves instead of magnifying Christ, they draw men's attention to them or their church instead of pointing to Christ and His cross.
02. Preachers who fail to rightly divide the Word of Truth and attempt to pass off some self-esteem psycho-babble as biblical preaching.
03. Preachers who talk about being a biblical man but have very little warmth in their speech or actions! They are not sensitive nor tender to the flock of God and are callous in their dealings with growing saints and say hateful things on their blog or facebook for the shock effect.
04. Preachers who think they actually need to promote sex within the church.
05. Preachers who are preoccupied with their image and physical appearance and make a point to boast about their Harley Davidson, you know; the cool dude.
06. Preachers who have a disdain for the word "DOCTRINE".
07. Preachers who start every sentence with "I believe", vs "thus saith the Lord" and always makes a point to use the buzz words. (un-churched, Christ-follower you know the words that don't offend lost sinners)
08. Preachers who proudly flaunt how different their church is from what has gone before and treat Christians from the past (and their hymns) with scorn.
09. Preachers who's hero is Rick Warren or Joel Osteen.
10. Preachers who are always promoting some new thing or novelty that will change my life forever.
I guess I got one more in me! Oh feel free to add your own list in the comments.
11. Preachers who want to cuss because of weak and shallow Christians who sit under weak and shallow preaching, now that really makes me want to spit!!!