Friday, May 11, 2007

Atheism Within

With all the interest in the Ray Comfort atheist debate taking place this week the blog world has been very chatty about this subject both positive and negative remarks for and against Ray's methods, I can see where both side are coming from; although I tend to side more towards the negative remarks I'm very thankful for Ray and Kurt for their passion of winning lost people to Christ. We should all pray for such passion in our own witness. As I visit my favorite blogs every week I came across this article by Tony Reinke titled "The Atheist Within" over at the Shepherds Scrapbook and I thought it was a very humble and Biblical way of approaching the topic of atheism.
Atheism is not only a supposedly rational conclusion that a god does not exist, but also the practical conclusion that God is unworthy of my affection. The idols of my own heart reveal the depth of remaining atheism!

When we as Christians see the atheist within our own hearts we begin to understand the glorious greatness of our Savior! What a beautiful Savior that holds on to sinners and never lets go. (
Read Full Article)

No comments: