Thursday, November 22, 2007

Being Thankful

Today I am so very thankful for the blessings in my life, over the last year my Dad endured a couple of stint surgeries, my farther in-law survived a stroke a few months back, and my oldest son walked away from a terrible auto accident, my youngest son graduated from high school and received an academic scholarship to a local community college and we endured a year long battle with a new home construction. I also have a house full of family gathered today where later we will all sit down to a great feast and eat until it hurts and retire to the living room to watch a couple of football games on a beautiful wide screen high definition TV, the gift of friends old and new, a new church home with an expository preacher and so much more that it's useless to try and put into words. With all these blessings I'm still so amazed that God would give so much to someone who is so unworthy as myself, and not only all of these physical comforts and blessings but more than all that He would give me his best gift of all, that of His only begotten Son the Lord Jesus Christ who suffered and died for my sins, and then to even give me the faith I need to believe in that Grace which He has provided. Praise be to God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments: