Thursday, November 29, 2007

Infectious Days

This week I am fighting off a bad sinus cold and maybe it's time to break down and just go visit the doctor because deep down I am just a big baby when it comes to being sick so I need to get over this quickly before I really embarrass myself. And No, my lack of faith isn't why I have a cold and yes I do believe it's nonsense to try and rebuke my cold, or to cast it out in the name of Jesus. But what I will do is take my doctors advice and get some of those miracle working drugs that the Lord has blessed us with in hopes to being all the better within the next week. But one thing that I have noticed about myself in these few infectious days is my lack of enthusiasm for sharing the Gospel with non-believers, I have just been in a fog with my thoughts to the point that I have rarely even thought about the Gospel much less of even sharing it with someone. It's very humbling to think that a little sinus infection would turn my world so upside down that it would keep me from sharing the greatest news in the world to someone who desperately needs to hear it and just how sinful I truly must be that I would let something so trivial take my focus off Christ and His commission and become so consumed with my own well being. Jesus please forgive me. Lord I believe, please help my unbelief.

Romans 7:24 "O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?"

No comments: