Sunday, April 20, 2008

Lost Hymns

At Calvary

Years I spent in vanity and pride,
Caring not my Lord was crucified,
Knowing not it was for me He died on Calvary.

Mercy there was great, and grace was free;
Pardon there was multiplied to me;
There my burdened soul found liberty at Calvary.

By God’s Word at last my sin I learned;
Then I trembled at the law I’d spurned,
Till my guilty soul imploring turned to Calvary.

Now I’ve given to Jesus everything,
Now I gladly own Him as my King,
Now my raptured soul can only sing of Calvary!

Oh, the love that drew salvation’s plan!
Oh, the grace that brought it down to man!
Oh, the mighty gulf that God did span at Calvary!

1 comment:

Joe A. said...

Ahhhh.... those hymns rich with accurate biblical theology are quite rejuvenating, aren't they?

I was just thinking to myself today while singing "How Great Thou Art" that the song by itself is quite sufficient evidence of Intelligent Design from a sort of simplistic yet awe-inspiring viewpoint.