Thursday, April 10, 2008

More on Mac

I know I am a couple of days late posting on seeing MacArthur preach in person but it has been a very busy week for me. Over all it was a great night of fellowship as I seen fellow brothers and sisters in Christ that I haven't seen in quite sometime. In case you didn't know MacArthur has a great sense of humor and it comes across more in person than on radio, he is also taller and thinner than I had thought. Grace To You had a table set up and was giving away some freebies such as catalogs and leather bookmarks which are very nice, Lifeway Christian Bookstore actually was setup in little rooms selling John's new book which if you haven't heard is titled "A Tale of Two Sons" and it's taken from the parable that Jesus told in Luke 15 and this was the text from which MacArthur preached from. He preached for 70 minutes and about the half way mark I thought there is no way he is going to finish this message tonight, but he did and his ending to the message caught most by surprise as the crowd gasped for air, I won't spoil it for you, you'll have to buy the book. After the message John stayed late to sign books and I never saw the end of the line so I didn't stay too long, but I did stay long enough to see him sign my good friend Jeremy's books yea I said books. He had John dedicate his MacArthur study Bible, and he also signed his seven year old son's book "I Believe in Jesus", not to mention that his wife went before him and got his newest title signed. The neat thing was to see MacArthur quote scripture with each signature off the top of his head, very impressive. To see my friend get his picture made with John MacArthur meant more to me than getting my own book signed. Priceless!

2 comments:

Joe A. said...

Wow, that is awesome. I listened to Macarthur talk on Way of the Master Radio and on some show on Familynet, and even within the limited time he had on each, I was quite impressed about what was said of his new book.

The Bororean said...

Yea it's really a great message I have heard him preach it before and it really exposes the sin of self righteousness. You can download the radio version of this at Travis Carden's site under "A Tale of Two Sons"