Monday, September 04, 2006

Lost Hymns: A Sinner Like Me!

I was once far away from the Saviour, Just as vile as a sinner could be; And I wondered if Christ the Redeemer Could save a poor sinner like me.

I wandered on in the darkness, Not a ray of light could I see;And the thought filled my heart with sadness, There's no hope for a sinner like me.

And then, in that dark, lonely hour, A voice sweetly whispered to me, Saying: Look unto Me; I have power To save a poor sinner like thee.

I then fully trusted in Jesus; And O what a joy came to me! My heart was filled with His praises, For saving a sinner like me.

No longer in darkness I'm walking; The light now is shining on me; And now unto others I'm telling How He saved a poor sinner like me.

And when life's journey is over, And I the dear Saviour shall see, I'll praise Him forever and ever, For saving a sinner like me.... Author Charles J. Butler

No comments: